About the job
The Marketing Manager’s role involves many aspects of marketing, from strategic and tactical planning right through to delivery of all marketing details, including PR, social media strategy and event management, as well as possessing the ability to influence a wide range of stakeholders. In this role, you will also be expected to take on duty manager responsibilities and oversee the wider management of Bon Accord. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate exceptional communication skills and the ability to drive customer service excellence.
This is an all-encompassing role which requires a self-motivated, passionate person who can take a hands-on approach to all tasks.
- Delivering a creative and targeted marketing strategy for the scheme with clear and identifiable KPIs. The successful candidate will also be responsible for managing external appointed agencies where needed and liaising on a regular basis with stakeholders including tenants, local authorities, and community partners.
- Preparation and implementation of an annual marketing strategy and budget plan which sets out clear and measurable KPIs.
- Creation of an annual marketing calendar of events, campaigns, and promotions as part of the annual marketing strategy, focusing on driving sales and footfall to the centre and delivering on key KPIs.
- Manage local marketing budget.
- Preparation of a full retailer engagement strategy – including managing content on the centre’s internal app, hosting meetings with retailers, collecting sales figures and regularly liaising with store managers.
- Working with chosen charity partners to implement a purposeful programme of CSR activity.
- Management of external agencies in line with budgets and key performance indicators.
- Copywriting of press releases, creative briefs and advertising collateral.
- Management of annual media buying plan and implementation of this accordingly and coordinating agency partners to deliver creative outputs in line with the media deadlines.
- Working with the centre Marketing Executive to implement digital elements of the centre marketing strategy, including website, CRM and social media.
- Liaison with local groups and partners to secure new marketing opportunities, partnerships, and links for Bon Accord.
- Reporting of footfall and marketing activity to retailers and stakeholders.
- Preparation of monthly reports to include marketing activity and the success of campaigns including feedback from the tenants, as well as reporting of CSR and Green initiatives.
- Management of all PR and to be an appointed spokesperson in the absence of the Centre Manager, in the event of any serious incident (media training will be provided). You will also be expected to develop and maintain good relationships with local press.
- Regular visits to competing schemes within both the primary and secondary catchment.
- You will be required to work some evenings and weekends to provide duty management cover, as well as running of centre events.
- Work with Bon Accord management, staff and contractors towards achievement of the centre goals and aspirations and implementation of the strategy.
- Line manage centre Marketing Executive and Information Desk Team.
- Develop excellent lines of communication with all centre management staff, retailers and customers.
Health & Safety
- Refer to the Health & Safety manual and adhere to all policies and procedures as required.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary of 27,500+
- Annual performance bonus
- Private medical care
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with the following task:
"Retail is rapidly changing and the link between physical and online retail has never been more important.
Please write 250 words on how you think Bon Accord can continue to act as a draw for customers."
To arrange an informal, confidential chat about the role, please email email@example.com.